View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
thegrasshopper

The man I fell in love with who turned out to be an alcoholic has “moved on” 2 months after breaking up with me (for the third time - after he admitted how advanced his drinking was and then rehabbing on his own). And I was supposedly the love of his life...
i am still trying to understand what really happened. To me it is unthinkable to start seeing someone else so quickly after a relationship like ours. It was so intense and the love between us seemed to pure and so real.
I hurt so much when I think about how he is with her... probably just the same as he was with me. Turns out It wasn’t special, it wasn’t even real. Except that for me it was. God I love him so much despite all his assholeness. Despite all the suffering he has caused me.
To read that I’m not alone in my experience is of great help. To read that it is an alcoholic “thing” to just jump from one relationship to another for that kick of dopamine makes a lot of sense. But do they realise it? That it isn’t real?

I still think of how good we would be together, I still tend to forget that all his actions are controlled or influenced by addiction and the changes in his brain.
I wonder sometimes... aren't those moments of happiness with them worth all the suffering?

I am sorry you have to go through this. He is just about to make another person unhappy.
:-(