Thread: Emotional Wreck
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Bathbomb

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
A month sober is great, and it's completely normal and expected for your emotions to be all over the place. Mine were at about that time - I was happy and almost elated one minute, and then unbearably sad the next, it seemed. Lots of stuff going on in both your body and brain right now, and it will take some time for things to settle down.

It might take sometime to find the right counselor for you as well. And for you to feel comfortable and clear enough to articulate your feelings - or heck, to even know what they are. I had a dear friend ask me in early sobriety how I felt about something important and I honestly couldn't answer. I was so used to not feeling my feelings accurately that it took some time for me to be able to identify them.
Thank you. I agree about finding the right Counsellor. I think we have. We saw her last in January but alot has happened since then. Like you said I think I'm just starting to feel my feelings. Probably not in the right frame of mind to be throwing my marriage away but things need to change.