Thread: Feeling blah
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
abgator

Originally Posted by Happyvale View Post
Hi Mariposa:
Kind of sounds like you do know what's wrong with you. Often in my life I have used alcohol to tolerate the intolerable but nothing changes. I decided to sober today because I too am tired of the life I tolerate with alcohol. I tell myself I drink because I'm bored and lonely and no real friendships here in a place I moved for work. On the way home from work tonight I was just about to stop for a bottle of wine and then I remembered I decided to quit today....that I had signed up for this site for the company I need to change things...the right company. I'm sorry you're feeling down....but I certainly understand. Glad you're here though. And I think at this moment...I'm happy I'm here too.
That's exactly how it gets to me. The novelty of being sober for a month wears off. I'm feeling great, except I'm painfully aware that I haven't had a significant other in almost 5 years. No friends to speak of. I place all my happiness on my daughter, but only getting to see her half the time. Until I find ways to be happy alone, I'm going to keep relapsing.