View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 04:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dpac414

Really really good advice from everyone here.

August, I always appreciate your straight forward approach. Sobriety is very important to me, and I will work on a plan to make sure I stay that way. I have laser focused on sobriety for these past few months and really not done much in terms of social stuff, and that’s why I think I’m so worried. You’re right in that I’m not actively working a program though. Honestly, I’ve been thinking about that a lot recently in leiu of this upcoming wedding.

My sister will help me for sure, and I think I’m gonna tell my mom and her partner as well, and casually drop the medicine thing with ppl at my table so they all know. That should ensure people don’t offer me drinks.

Next, I have a room at the hotel where the reception is, so I am able to leave and go there whenever I want to (even if it looks rude to my married sister). Honestly, I think that I have already done so much for this wedding over the past 1.5 years and even this week leading up to it that if I just hugged her and said I was dead tired she would understand. I will not go anywhere else (hotel bar, etc) after the reception.

I am also going to arrange to be able to call the one friend I have told about getting sober in the event that I need extra support. I will also make it a point to post here throughout the evening. Y’all don’t have to respond every time, but I want a record of it.