View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dpac414

Hey hellrzr, I don’t have a sponsor. I did a couple weeks of A.A. and will drop in when I feel like I need it, but I found the program really isn’t for me. I’ve met some amazing people though and I think I will attend a meeting Thursday to help reinforce myself.

Least, I’m going to try. I am the maid of honor though, so I at least need to chill for a little bit. My oldest sister does not drink either (not an alcoholic, just doesn’t care for it) so I will stick close to her. I plan on trying to escape to my room around 9:30 when the reception “ends” but I worry about hurting my sister’s feelings. (I have two older sisters - the middle one is the one getting married for anyone who is confused. Oldest is the one who doesn’t drink).

I was also also planning on making it known that I can’t drink due to a change in my medication (which isn’t a whole lie, as I really should not drink on it) so people won’t pressure me. I’ve told several people this already to prepare. Maybe I’m having anxiety for nothing? I have a decent plan and I just have to ensure I stick to it.