View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
August252015

What Carl said....

On your moderation thread I asked if you could ID what the things were that led you to actual drinking -and above, you did. That idea that you "had it" - sounds like a critical piece- then you said another piece "I just want to be normal."

It took me much longer than 100 days, or 200 or .... to see that I had a new normal. The ONE thing I cannot do is drink. That's it. I can do every other thing - and it is the most important thing in my life, so while in early days where you've been, it might seem insane that people like me tell you that you CAN do the things you mention sober....it's true. Or, you find you don't to - with the same friends, or at all. I don't like big parties, so I don't go; I don't have any fear of hanging out in a bar- but it's not something I want to do or have friends who want to do that....so on.

I can just confirm that there is absolutely no downside for me in being sober. And EVERY good thing I have in my life is because I got sober. That's a pretty awesome kind of normal.