View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 08:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Darkcloud

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Glad you are here and sharing - and what dee said is the simplest and direct start....glad you reached out to your dr & I know how terrifying it is to be honest (for real honest!) about my abuse.

I take Ativan (also a benzo) as supervised by my doc and at my visit last wk discussed how I'd been wanting to - and actually doing, sometimes- take more than the as needed 1-3 a day. I've been sober since 2/21/16 so it's certainly not something we'd be using for my anxiety if I continued to drink. I'm still taking it but have changed the process by which I judge "as needed" because this could be a very dangerous thing. I don't like the grey area I've been in.

The later we wait to quit, the worse damage we've done - 67 sounds like a perfect age for you to quit since that's where you are today.
Thanks for the input! I have never gone over the prescribed amount, although Ativan was something I had asked him about a while back. For some reason he didn't give it to me. I was on Xanax for a short time and hated it. I don't know. The worst part of all this is the depression it brings to me. I have a wonderful family, guitars, a river close by, and I stay on the couch all day because I can't find employment. I think a part-time job would help me?
Have a great day!