View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Caprice6

I am starting day 3. After severe symptoms by day 2 I went to the ER day detox and received heavy dosages of treatment. I felt calmer but not sleepy. They left me with more meds for the evening and night.
Getting back, even after the treatment, the sweats and tremors started again, at night time, they only got worse, even after taking the evening and night prescription. I thought at least finally, I'll get some sleep tonight. Well, midnight comes, time for bed, and yay, I can sleep in! WRONG. I still woke up at 4 a.m and have sweaty palms and feet, with although milder tremors, they're still there.
Need to return today (it was planned), but am glad to.
To answer your question, even though I've been a daily chronic binge drinker throughout the day, night time tends to get worse.
I'm only on day 3, and hoping by the 20th of April on my mom's birthday, I'll be free of the detox meds (I do not personally enjoy, but need those to alleviate the symptoms), and be back to normal.
My goal is not to relapse again till then (baby steps) and also then by the 30th, when one of my pups turns 1 year.
Then I got other new meds to fight the cravings, cuz the first didn't work, the cravings were constantly at the back of my mind.
Hoping this will be the last of my drinking cuz I don't wanna die. It's been 15 years of continuous binge drinking, withdrawals, relapses.
Getting my liver and all else tested in June, and I need to stay sober till then too. After there will be another goal. There will always be a goal for me and motivation to keep sober, hopefully.
I've missed out and messed up too much due to drinking, I don't want to die from it to top it off. No disrespect to those who have or are irreversibly ill, it is a struggle and some may be luckier than others to survive severe, prolonged abuse.