Notices

Withdrawals just at night

Old 04-16-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawals just at night

hi all

I know I’m early on in my withdrawal (coming to end of day 2) but I just wondered from your experience if this is common?

so far I have managed to continue with my daily activities (work etc) with little disruption but as soon as I lay down to go to bed the withdrawals start. Has this happened with anyone else? Just getting them at night?

It may be due to my previous drinking pattern always being the same hours of 10pm and 11:30pm but I haven’t managed to find much information around this.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hope

It didn't work that way for me but I'm sure you'll hear from others with similar stories - congrats on day 2

D
Old 04-16-2019, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For me it's at night, I'm on day 7 now. I get the sweets at night cause my body is always use to having alcohol from after work at 5 right till 9 or 10. Its getting better. Hang in there and be strong!
Old 04-16-2019, 10:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can relate to it being worse at night because I would use a lot more at night. What it is for me is that I have to deal with my thoughts at night alone by myself and I did not want to do that at first. I have worked on it and it has gotten better but nights are still the worst part of the day for me. I started doing meditation on head space and it has helped me to become accepting of my thoughts.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes the nights were the worst for me. Wild dreams, sweating and the feeling my legs were electrified. I'd wake up and often hallucinate for a moment, usually something along the lines that someone was in the room with me. Only lasted a few nights, but because it took a "few" attempts to stop for good, I rode that wild ride more than once. Good work, persist through it, it's yours!
Old 04-17-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am starting day 3. After severe symptoms by day 2 I went to the ER day detox and received heavy dosages of treatment. I felt calmer but not sleepy. They left me with more meds for the evening and night.
Getting back, even after the treatment, the sweats and tremors started again, at night time, they only got worse, even after taking the evening and night prescription. I thought at least finally, I'll get some sleep tonight. Well, midnight comes, time for bed, and yay, I can sleep in! WRONG. I still woke up at 4 a.m and have sweaty palms and feet, with although milder tremors, they're still there.
Need to return today (it was planned), but am glad to.
To answer your question, even though I've been a daily chronic binge drinker throughout the day, night time tends to get worse.
I'm only on day 3, and hoping by the 20th of April on my mom's birthday, I'll be free of the detox meds (I do not personally enjoy, but need those to alleviate the symptoms), and be back to normal.
My goal is not to relapse again till then (baby steps) and also then by the 30th, when one of my pups turns 1 year.
Then I got other new meds to fight the cravings, cuz the first didn't work, the cravings were constantly at the back of my mind.
Hoping this will be the last of my drinking cuz I don't wanna die. It's been 15 years of continuous binge drinking, withdrawals, relapses.
Getting my liver and all else tested in June, and I need to stay sober till then too. After there will be another goal. There will always be a goal for me and motivation to keep sober, hopefully.
I've missed out and messed up too much due to drinking, I don't want to die from it to top it off. No disrespect to those who have or are irreversibly ill, it is a struggle and some may be luckier than others to survive severe, prolonged abuse.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Sorry you are all having such a hard time but it’s good that we can come together here and share. All about the mini goals

this is the 1st time I have tried to stop. I drank heavily every couple of days but for the last 3 or 4 months it turned into daily drinking every night just so I could go to sleep

at the end of today I will have completed day 3. So far my main issue is insomnia and my mind raising with scary things while attempting to drop off to sleep. Day one was the worse for me. Day two I was so exhausted that I eventually managed to drop off and sleep until my alarm. I’ve yet to experience tremors, sweats or hallucinations but I do wake myself up with the odd flinch. I’m very concerned going into the next few days as I’ve heard days 3-7 are when the worse symptoms hit.

I like you will go to the emergency room should they start.

Keep the faith all