Old 04-16-2019, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trailmix

Hi Angel, sorry for the situation you are in, that is tough.

First of all, be sure to look after yourself. There is an acronym to help - HALT are you Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired.

Right now you are probably all of these things. It's really important under times of stress to take care of these things so that you can think straight and be less stressed.

As for your Abf, well, he drank himself to oblivion in a car, was numb on one side and talked about not wanting to go on. That sounds like a situation where you would call for professional help and that's what you did, I don't see any problem with what you did, you did the responsible thing.

Now, the fact that he has sobered up and doesn't like where he is. Is that your responsibility or his? If he hadn't called you and basically threatened suicide, you would not have reacted as you did. What did he expect, that you would just say so-long then!

What if the numbness had been a sign of a stroke, if he had a stroke would he have been calling you to thank you for leaving him there after he called you, for him not having to endure the restrictions of the hospital. Somehow I doubt it.

The thing is, he may or may not want help, but how are you to know that? I'm sure he wasn't talking sense.

No real way to know where his anger is coming from, he may not even know. You ask if his attitude is an indication of him not being ready to take accountability. Absolutely. That may indicate he is not ready to get sober either, no way to know.

Regardless, this is a good time, while he is not there, to focus back on yourself and what you want in your life. Have you attended Al-Anon at all?