View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forester

Headaches, any advice?

Hi SR people.

I hope you are all doing well in your journey.
I've sorted out my head and have been able to stop drinking easily, finally. No crisis like previous "attempts". Just stopped drinking and that's all good. Only took me 10 years to get here, I guess that's how long I needed. No need to count days or fight cravings anymore. It's just over. It's not part of my life anymore. Pretty stoked to finally be at this place. Life is good.

The only issue I'm having now is headaches. I've been sober for weeks but I'm getting pretty bad headaches for the last week or so. Paracetamol and brufen don't touch them, a couple of times I've taken codeine to help but then I end up sleeping the day away.
Is there anything to do to help with this that you know? Am I missing some vitamin or mineral that I should/could be eating in specific foods to help with this? Other specific detox advice for the months after quitting drinking is good too, more than just "eating well". I'd like to speed my body along towards being healthier. I'm very grateful for any information I am given.

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you.