View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ktulu909

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, still staying strong, spent my day off walking at the zoo, then went and joined the gym. Starting off slow, but losing all this liquor weight and being active with my kids like I used to is a hell of a motivational tool.

My only struggle right now are evenings. I just wish it was consistant. Like I wish it was hardest at the beginning and got a little less.... Um suck.... every day after that. It doesn't. The first 4 or 5 days were actually not bad on the cravings, but that might be because I felt terrible physically. Now that I'm almost 2 weeks in, sleep is starting to slowly get back to normal, even though it's very light and I wake easily, I have managed a few uninterrupted nights.

I have a little app on my phone that encourages me and give me badges for milestones, and as lame as it seems, it's really a pretty good motivator. As I was typing this, I just got my "passed up 75 drinks" badge. Only being 13 days sober, man that's alot,but it's still a win, and I'll take it!