Thread: Need to stop
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Hey Rich, welcome!

Well, your story is very typical. I relate. And I have concern for you because I feel you are on the edge of that precipice between minimal consequences and falling off and losing a whole lot. You know you have a problem, you drink large volume so you have high tolerance. You are experiencing withdrawal, even if it is 'mild' at this point. It is amazing how we will rationalize feeling pretty darn awful, thinking, nah this isn't that bad. But isn't it? How bad do you want to feel?

Alcoholism is progressive. It will get worse. That ambivalence between, I know I need to quit, but I'm not 'that' bad, is a dangerous place to be because denial and rationalization tend to win out. And things can get worse, fast.

Talk with your dr. Get help with detox. Make a commitment to accept that alcohol is killing you. Think about what you are allowing a 'beverage' to do to you. Accept that, like us, you will get worse over time and that the way you are living is no way to live. If you believe in God, check out AA. Maybe you'll know someone, maybe not. But if they are there, aren't they alcoholic too?

Don't let this thing take everything you have away.