View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ktulu909

11 days 22 hours.

Hello everyone, I am almost 12 days sober after drinking a little more than a fifth of Jeagermeister every night for the last 2.5 years. I swear that crap is in a category of its own. I'm not even sure if I'm addicted to alcohol as much as I just am Jaeger. I can literally have a fridge full of beer or any other spirit and not want to touch it.

I'm 42 years old, started drinking young, but was mostly a social drinker for the majority of my life, until I lost my mother in July of 2016 and my wife lost her mother (who was like a mother to me) suddenly just 4 months later.

Im here to read, to interact and to share. I'm not yet in a program, and honestly don't know if I want to go that route. I have pretty severe social anxiety, and the idea of being in a room of folks, no matter how much we have in common almost seems like more of a trigger than a benifit as of this moment.

As far as detoxing, after reading here the last few nights, I guess I had it pretty easy so far. I did end up in the ER with some blood pressure concerns night 3,but some meds, some fluids, potassium and a little Ativan and I was sent home.

My struggle is odd. During the day, regardless of if I'm off, or at work, I'm literally fine. No cravings. Went to the zoo today and walked almost 3 miles,but every evening, around 7,my normal start drinking time, man the cravings are pretty intense. The busier I stay, the easier it is, but I'm not sure that's a sustainable plan.

Regardless, I'm in it for the long haul, in the last 2.5 years, I've gained close to 100lbs,and my blood pressure sucks. I'm following up with my doctor next week to make him aware of my situation.

I am a little scatter brained, but not like I was hung over everyday, so there's that. I'm glad this place exists, It looks to be a valuable tool to learn and share.