View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Support to you 13th

Way to go Lill!

After being in the doldrums for the latter part of a month, I am beginning to reconnect with the world. At first- in my biorhythm low- I felt guilty for not conquering Everest, but came to a good conclusion that sometimes- Just enough....- IS enough.
Caught up with a friend for 2h who is spiraling towards the mythical rock bottom, but I now feel safe in my own recovery to support others- as a listening friend, mind- NOT as a sponsor.

Then put a planned amount of fortnightly dosh into an account- specifically for art supplies...most of this money being used recently to replace to rear windscreen n the car. Also the same for power bills.

Then shopping, and cooked up 3 different dishes- 18 in all- to freeze, and I will keep half in there- as food ready to eat after burns surgery (whenever the hell that is!)

Then another friend who went through the recovery program with me called- another 40m of deep and meaningfuls...she thinks my human connecting social behaviours have changed markedly for the better in the last 6m. This is about the time when I was having surgery, NOT studying art- and began to really rely on my own judgement instead of getting tacit approval from a counsellor.
I actually agree with her on this point.

Have a good daynight thing, be gentle with yourselves...