Old 04-07-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
pdm22

It sounds like from your end you have become “conscious”, and hopefully have reached a point of no return, but it doesn’t mean this guy has, or that he won’t come back. I’m not sure what the laws are in your country, if you are able to obtain his arrest records or not to see what his history is. But even so, some things do go unreported, so who knows if you’d be able to get a full history. But the fact that he resorted to physical violence is a huge indication that he’s probably done it before, and would do it again.

I think I told you before about an old boyfriend who had some similarities to yours? The straw that broke the camel’s back for me was also when he put his hands on me. I had one of those stoves that was up higher/ built into the wall, and during some argument, he shoved me into it. After all of the other crap, something about that really shifted something in me, and that was something I knew I couldn’t ever recover from.

Not sure what the laws are there now, but at the time, in the state I was living in, they arrested both parties in domestic violence complaints, so I didn’t call the cops. I remember kicking him out shortly after, and it *really* pis*ed him off that I didn’t respond to his letters and roses that he was leaving me after that (this was before cell phones/ social media). But he was a vindictive SOB, and tried to break into my place when I was at work one time, I did call the cops on that one, but couldn’t prove it was him. I ended up moving to another state shortly after, and didn’t look back, but after he died I looked up his arrest records out of curiosity, and saw he had a whole page of them after we broke up.

I’m guessing your situation would fall under assault since he’s not living with you (in the state I live in now what happened to you would, not sure what the laws are in your country), but it might not be a bad idea to look into that, and see if you can get the law on your side/ a record of this, because you just never know. Stay safe ❤️.