View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 10:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jjwinters

Needabreak - I 100% agree. I know I'm writing in that style but I am very aware that I'm equally responsible for letting this relationship get to this place. I have made honest efforts to course correct the relationship, but that can only take you so far with someone that different than you are. I did not stand as firm as I should have with some of the boundaries I set. I'm the one who gave up all of my free time and drove over to her place after working 12 hours straight. I didn't say, "No. This is crazy. I'm tired and there's no use going over to your place just to prove I care about you."

Trailmix, I know I have misplaced guilt. Maybe that's just a cop out I'm creating for myself. We have broken up briefly before and she described how embarrassing it was to be around her friends and family. More so, when we got back together. She thought it made her look weak. I personally think most people are mature enough to know that these things happen and don't judge too harshly for it.

I agree, she does have a "get used to it" attitude towards my problems that's troubling. The worst part about these relationships is there are almost always other ways that we truly get along with these people. We have the same sense of humor and can talk in ways that I've never been able to in previous relationships. When things aren't bad, we are highly compatible. Yes, I know that means we aren't actually compatible. It's just that huge positive you know that you have to part ways with because of the inevitable bad stuff, that's extremely difficult.