View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Aliceiw

I second what Bonnie said, Darkling. I was tempted to move to a beginners group after my slip, but I stayed here because of the people who know me and know what I struggle with. I found more support here than anywhere. I hope you keep us updated on your progress, and I wish you all the best.

Well -- not much new from me. I went to work this week with my fiance, so I'm typing from a hotel room in San Antonio. It's nice to go to work with him. Much less boring than staying home would be. The last time he was in San Antonio, there was a ghost in his hotel room. She tapped him on the shoulder and woke him up, then disappeared out the window when he jumped out of bed screaming. Needless to say, he does not like going to San Antonio alone anymore in case she comes back! Do you all believe in ghosts? Have you ever seen one? I was sceptical until I saw how very serious my fiance is about the one he saw. He's definitely not the kind of guy to make that stuff up.

Barbs, I'm glad to hear you didn't have any withdrawal coming off of your med. I hope the anxiety dissipates soon as the CBT becomes second nature. I once read a book that gave some really helpful tips for getting over panic and anxiety. It has a corny title, but it's worth a read. "Hope and Help for your Nerves" by Dr. Claire weeks.

Dee - Good advice as usual.

Bekind - Enjoy your time with the grandchildren. I hope your trip gives you something to chase away the doldrums. Loved the advice you gave to Darkling. You're such a positive force in this group.

Katie -- I'm glad you're getting a respite to allow you to catch up with your work.

Great to hear from Bob and Mike! Bob -- I think you should feel free to post your low-carb adventures and struggles here. I for one can relate to the trials and tribulations of trying to go low carb for the sake of health or weightloss!

I'll stay here today working on job applications. redoing my resume seems to have helped. I've been getting a few calls for interviews, which is nice. If I get too bored, maybe Ill walk to a nail salon and get a manicure. I doubt it though. So, It would be good to get a job, but if I do I won't be able to go to work with my fiance anymore.