View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 12:42 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Sunflower84

Morning Class,

8:25am here, yesterday was rubbish! I struggled so much with my emotions, I felt so down, drained, depressed... I really struggled and I felt so selfish as my bf's Mum has now been put in a hospital bed in the living room so we know the end for her is getting closer, very sad. He went to visit her yesterday and I couldn't even go with him, I couldn't face being with all his family when I was so depressed and anxious. He was so understanding and was ok with it. My office meeting tomorrow is in the same town as where his Mum lives so we're calling in tomorrow afternoon together.
Today being Mothers Day I'm really trying to pull myself round, I feel better than yesterday, I'll be heading over to my parents on the train later today and taking my dog with me and a couple of gifts for my Mum.
I'm trying to keep my anxiety at bay, tomorrows office meeting is really getting to me, I feel so ashamed going in with the worst month on record behind me, I'm dreading it.
The main thing is I'm sober, if I drank I know I wouldn't even get there so the idea in my head is to have a lovely afternoon with my parents and dogs and get an early night ready to wake tomorrow strong to face things and keep fighting to turn things round and be doing well.

Darkling, how are you getting on? Are you managing ok? Hoping so, let's keep sending each other strength, we know we can do this and we also know what terrible anxiety we both suffer if we pick up that poison. Routing for you, lots of love.

Bonnie, hope you're holding up and you and your dog are in my prayers... Good to hear your Daughter has decided on her chosen University. You're right about me getting to a meeting, I really need to, I had to miss the Saturday night one unfortunately so the next one for me will be the local AA Thurs night.

Bekind, I relate to what you said about the weather matching your mood, I sometimes feel that way too. Hope the weather and your mood are a little less grey today and you start to feel a bit brighter again. At least you're not feeling like drinking which is great

Alice, your story is lovely. Sounds like you guys are soul mates and meant to be together, beautiful.

Good to hear from you CaptainHaddock, also interesting to read about your change in strategy Mike, I keep altering my ways of dealing with this. Good to hear from you again and hoping your sober journey continues.

Thinking of everyone here, sending lots of strength and positive vibes even though I'm kind of struggling a little with positivity but I'm determined to "fake it till I make it" today lol.

I'm not sure if I mentioned how my Dad is, after the surgery he then got an awful abscess in his mouth and his whole face, head, neck was swollen right up, he's really suffered bless him and then had to go to the dentist and have the tooth and roots removed on Friday. I'm looking forward to spending some time with him today, anytime I think about a drink I think immediately of what my Dads been through and going through and it makes me step up and be strong.

Missing your morning post Ayers, hope all is well and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Lots of Love to you all.

Back Soon.

Katy x