View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 12:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Guener

Well, BABM, things are getting pretty bad for you. A significant part of my path to recovery was in Tucson. I took accountability for what I had done and ended up in a very hard situation.

My ex-fiance kicked me out in a loving way, and I ended up being homeless for months. This was after a month of inpatient rehab. That homeless shelter on 6th Ave at Benson Hwy, now run by the Primavera Foundation, I was there for some months; also at the Salvation Army a couple times. Those homeless people at the Linda Ronstadt bus center, I was there plenty of times using my free bus pass. I had no money, no transportation of my own in the end. I spent some time in jail. It was good for me, because I was completely helpless and I couldn't drink.

Is that what you want to happen to you? Because it can and will if you keep this up. Maybe you need to have everything removed from you for a while to seriously think about your life, but it's a very lonely place.

I went to IOP every day, went to AA meetings every day (though I'm not part of AA now), got help for my depression that I have, looked for jobs every day in the Library. The point is, I did something positive for my sobriety each and every day, multiple times in a day, and my thinking started to change. All this time I didn't have the means to drink or would have been sleeping on a bench and possibly would have died before that anyway.

How far are you willing to go?