View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Benevolus

A weird thing happened to me..

I've been following the site for years, maybe even signed up before and forgot my name so I made this one recently. You guys have kept me sane without even knowing it at times <3 and i love you for it. I want to talk about something that happened recently, though.. Something that's left me feeling... strange. I don't know I just need to talk about it with someone.

Here goes: My friend ever since first grade (Im almost 25 now) had to move away to a different state 1000 or more miles away while we were in highschool. Things started going down hill for her at that point, she would party and drink and drive and just do all kinds of stupid things. She also always picks the worst guys to "fall in love" with. Well this last one was the worst of the worst- she met him when she was like 18 and he was in his 40s. They hung out a lot partying and he even wrecked her car in a DUI situation and she was nearly killed.

But she went on to move in with him and think of herself as his wife. So he and she would be drinking a gallon of cheap vodka a day and then getting into domestic violence level fights all the time. He also introduced her to some kinda meth type drug- he was a narcoleptic and was prescribed some drug that is similar by the VA and they would grind it up and swallow it or something idk. Anyway. So she developed a poly-drug addiction and alcoholism from this lifestyle. She would call me when they fought crying and walking around after being kicked out of the house and I would beg her to just go home with her parents. This went on for probably 2-3 years. It would hurt me so badly to hear her in such distress and to know the things he said and did to her- I blamed him for ruining her life (whether merited or not). And a few times I remember, sinfully asking God to just let him die. Because I knew that was the only way she would leave him.

So.. recently.. He died of liver failure. And thats not really it.. the strangest thing is... He died on my birthday. I just don't know what to think about this... It's been bothering me, not because I even care that he died. I hated him and I don't feel bad at all about that. I just feel... weird about it. IDK what to think. I guess coincidences mathematically HAVE to happen sometimes... but... really?