View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Barbs

Bekind, escape velocity…I am looking forward to achieving that. My longest sober time was about 15 months. Surprised me that I drank without even giving it a thought. I am feeling a bit steadier, even though a thought or two will cross my mind. I am so focused on controlling my anxiety that the last thing I need is a drink. How wonderful for you to have had you sister throughout such a difficult time (((hugs)))

Alice, what a lovely description of the scenery. Glad you got to enjoy it. The CBT does involve a lot of homework, ugh. I did not manage to spend much time on it last week and really feel I need to review the past sessions again. When I spoke with my therapist, she told me this is not a race and there is no time-line for completion and that a review was a good idea. So, that’s where I am, reviewing…

Ayers, wow… great post. Thank you! And the “abusive relationship”, such a perfect analogy.

Katy, I hope you have a wonderful and productive day. Don’t forget to breath

Darkling, motherhood is so full of joys and sorrows. When you’re right in the middle of it, it is so easy to miss the joy. Even in the mists of the frustration and disappointment, love over powers it all. The CBT does seem to help if I make the time for it. Making the time is my problem, ugh.

Thanks for the quotes Bonnie. How is the pup? Has your mom settled in?

I have had such a busy day at work and have to go into the office tomorrow too (usual day off). We have three trials to prep for, and I leave away for a week on Wednesday, ugh…never enough time. I wish people would just stay married, it would make my life a lot easier, lol.

Well, hubby is working late tonight. I will be busy with laundry and puppy training. So grateful to have you all here