Thread: Day 1 again
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DreamCatcher17

Welcome.

I am not a fan of "fake it till you make it" I think that is a totally false way to live and for me, I am not faking anything. I am living a real life that is not fake, so I own my life and go from there.

I also don't like to sit in my stinking thinking. I had to find a way to meditate as I believe that comes in many forms. I found painting early on, watching a lot of youtube videos to get better at patining, find different more creative ways. I know people who knit. Finding a hobby was key for me, and I think a lot of people. Idle hands are a bad place for me to be.
I love to angry clean, lol. When I am upset or stressed I will clean, in no order what so ever, just start cleaning. I am 1 cleaning which I love a clean house and 2 I am moving my body 3. I am able to get that negative energy out of me as I walk around the house cursing at whatever I am mad at and then when I am done I feel so much better.
I also read a lot of books, mostly self-help. I wanted a better life so I needed a new way of thinking. This i found to be helpful. It hurt to read the books and bring up all my old stuff, but I no longer live in that mind so I think it was helpful.
I like to cry to also release frustration. I find it helps pass much quicker.

Therapy was super helpful as well.

I go to AA meetings just to be around other people like myself. When I first started going I had to pay a babysitter for that 1.5 hours, my life depended on it, no amount of money will scare me from what is right in my life. I can always make more.

I hope you find an outlet, someone to talk to (we are here), and for the day do not pick up that drink. YOU NEED YOU, your family needs YOU a sober you is the only way.

Blessings,
DC