View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
soberbythesea

Hey all,

Sophie I'm so glad your scones were a success and that you're feeling better.

Quitnow congrats on 80+ days

Hi Zig, H379 and everyone else

I'm doing OK right now, glad the workday is over so I can collapse on my couch and watch Queer Eye. I was really struggling this morning. I've been feeling depressed today for no reason I can put my finger on:

Things are going great with my boyfriend, he invited me to a friend's birthday party Friday night and his grandmother's birthday on Saturday, which means we'll probably spend both nights together this weekend.

Things are great at work, I'm finally over my pre/post vacation crunch and have been able to focus more on my supervisory responsibilities, which I was neglecting because I was so busy with my own reports.

Things are great with my friends, I've gotten to see them all in the past week, and I talk to one of my closest friends every day because we work together.

And yet, sometimes I just feel unaccountably down/sad and unmotivated to do anything. I really had to drag myself out of the house this morning. I'm proud of myself that I made it to work, because I seriously considered calling in sick. I didn't get everything done that I would've liked to, but I got some things done, which is a lot better than not going at all.

I don't like this feeling and I'm not used to it. I know that the suggestion might be therapy or medication, but I am really resistant to seeking help. I'm a social worker and I feel like I should have my sh*t together, I am helping others after all. But I also know this feeling isn't rational and I don't really know what else to do about it.

Sorry for the extremely long ramble. I don't really feel like I can talk to anyone in my actual life about this, because I just don't want them to know. I feel like having had to quit drinking is enough of a stigma and i just don't think I can stand to be seen as any more high maintenance than that.

OK, looong post over.