Old 03-26-2019, 08:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bexxed

Thanks for reading. I was a little floored last night, when finally home and reflecting. I’ve moved on, and am taking it as a nice lesson that I really don’t know everything and should listen more on here when people express themselves. Not everything fits in a box, but the bottom line is, do what you need to do to protect your sobriety. In that situation for me, I needed to let people know and it was the right thing at that time to do it the way I did. For me it was more about managing expectations when it became clear that drinking was going to be one and that needed to be shut down.

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
There isn't much I like about living in a conservative area of the US but I have to admit that the positive view of not drinking is one of them I do like. Being a drunk where I live will get you the looks. Not to mention in a business setting....called in for a conversation with HR.

I'm pretty grateful for that one. Sorry they were rude about it bexxed.

Come to think of it...in my 45 years of working, I have never once seen anyone fired from their job for not drinking but I have seen plenty because of it. Including me.

You know what’s weird? This took place in Mississippi. Arguably one of the most conservative places in the US. Go figure. I don’t live there, I’d just traveled there for this meeting. Thanks though, and agreed.

I don’t judge the folks that did this, because they are on their paths, and in fact I’m now grateful because I learned something and hopefully it will help me to better get out of my own understanding of how things can transpire, so I can better listen when others who are maybe more vulnerable than I am are expressing concern about dealing with these kinds of situations.

xoxo-b