Old 03-26-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
boreas

While I agree with the responses here, I just wanted to say one additional thing about this situation based on my experiences. Participants here are focused on alcohol and related issues, of course, but this behavior is also down right unprofessional. I’m not sure if it is getting worse, but I have been shocked in recent years how colleagues will express themselves in work settings. From “I need a drink!” comments to outright yelling, f-bombs, etc. when they don’t agree with other viewpoints being expressed, I’ve wondered recently where self-control and professionalism has gone.

There has been media focus on the need for civil discourse on social media, but it seems the same no-holds-barred is spilling into face to face interactions, even when the situation calls for something completely different. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could all behave and live and let live? I guess I’ll take my pollyannaish hopes back to my corner.

Bexxed, congrats on navigating interactions with such difficult and obnoxious folks.

-bora