View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 01:33 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Sunflower84

Morning everyone,

Great to hear from you Ayers.

So sorry you slipped Darkling, really pleased you're still here with us though! I unfortunately have done the same.

I've been avoiding typing this as I feel so embarrassed and ashamed after all I was saying and doing to change my life. I had a drink Friday evening and carried on solid all weekend, day and night, yesterday I felt awful withdrawals so again drank a little to wean off instead of stopping dead so my body didn't go into shock again. I'm taking all my vitamins and skullcap today to try and piece back together again. Once again I spent money I didn't have, couldn't work yesterday, had to cancel swimming yesterday and can't go for my meal with my friend tomorrow now. Why I keep doing this I do not know. Personally I think I may look to get a sponsor and give the 12 steps a try.
This slip hasn't been half as bad as most before but I know it's only another drink away from being back in hell again, I can't let it happen.

So sorry to be checking in with a negative post after being so positive and feeling so strong. I really am so shocked but it's only myself I can blame. Looking forward to getting to my AA Thurs night and sharing this there too.

I'm still so exhausted today and I must try to pick work back up so I'll read and reply more later tonight.

Thinking of you all and I'm still as determined as ever to beat this. I can't understand how someone that determined can slip like that though, it really baffles me this disease!!!!!

Back soon xxxxx