Old 03-26-2019, 12:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Sadly people are judgemental, we can pretend all we want that they aren't but most are to some degree or another.

I have found that for me I never make a point of not drinking. If I am asked to go out with work colleagues and I want to go or need to go for networking reasons I just go and order a non alcoholic drink and say nothing. If I am going for a meal I don't make a point of telling everyone that I won't be ordering anything with nuts in it or won't eat certain types of food for ethical reasons, I just order what I want and don't mention it. It's no-one elses business, if I make it a statement people will want to discuss it. I think also making a point out of it puts some kind of importance on alcohol, when it is just not important at all. The statement gives it power and a voice and a presence, and alcohol has no voice, power or presence in my life anymore and I won't give it the stage. In the stage play of my life alcohol has no part to play, it has no lines to read and that is the way it is going to stay!

Glad you got through it and thanks for the post.

xx