View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sman

16 days sober.... Anxiety

Hey everyone, I’m 16 days sober (and have dramatically like 90 percent cut down over the last 2 months) but I am constantly convincing myself I am going to die of some alcohol related disease or another. It seems that as soon as I work one out of my mind or the random pains that are bothering me go away, I find a new symptom (real or imagined) to obsess over. I went to the doctor 2 month ago convinced I had cancer due to swelling. Doctor said it was not the case. I had blood work done and the dr said everything looked normal but I may have a b vitamin deficiency. He didn’t seem concerned and said no signs of cancer. I went on my merry way happy for 2 days then found a new thing to obsess over like every two weeks starting the process of omg I’m going to die over and over. I am going back in a week to see the doctor again and try and rule out my new fears and assess any damage done from my time drinking.

Anyone else have similar issues of obsessing over stuff like this when quiting after drinking heavily for 10 plus years? Or any tips from keeping the stress from pushing me back to drinking to escape it?