Thread: ABF in rehab
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Schne

ABF in rehab

My ABF went into rehab 3/1/19, he is now allowed (1) 5 minute phone call a day, started this week, and will be allowed family visits starting this weekend. It is a faith based ministries run rehab, and is free. He had to commit to stay 90 days in order to be accepted. He’s now telling me “this isn’t a rehab, this isn’t recovery, it’s for homeless people”. “It’s a work camp”. He told me he plans on sticking it out 90 days since he committed to it, he plans on staying.

I don’t know what to think. I plan on visiting Saturday and I’m hoping he doesn’t lay a guilt trip on me. A close colleague of mine went through the program about 10 years ago and she swears by it, she’s been sober ever since. The reviews I’ve read about the place from previous attendants have been good. I know they are very regimented with chores and 5 “meetings a day” which I think is sermons.

My main concern is he is only been sober for the 3 weeks since he’s been in there, is this common place for newly sober folks in rehab to voice discontent over the program?