Thread: Sad tonight.
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

It is...I just read you last post...by all means, talk to the therapist about medication and the other ways that you need help....
You are NOT a failure....you are just feeling the changes that are occurring within your body, as a result of childbirth (with grieving thrown in, on top, I think)….this is not something that you caused and it doesn't mean that you don't love your baby, at all! The people that said this to you, likely, don't know Jack S*** about postpartum depression....
I know that this kind of thing hurts...naturally...but, even so, you will just need to overlook their ignorance, and operate from what you know and need. I am gong to assume that this came from your family...? That is why I suggested that your therapist might talk to them and explain what is going on...that it is a natural bodily occurance and is not your fault and doesn't mean that you are a bad parent or that you don't love your baby!
this is about hormones and neurotransmitters, in the brain....it is not about what kind of person you are......it can happen to anybody....