Thread: Trippy
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 04:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Arthox View Post
It's sort of interesting how well you know me off this site, Scott..
Interesting perhaps, but I only know what you've posted here since joining. You might benefit yourself from going back and reading some of your posts here, if only to see how long you've been fighting this.

I do know that the situation you are in is a lot like the one many of us were in- drunk, hopeless and in that "bargaining" cycle with our addiction. For every reason you are given to not drink, your addiction fires right back with a reason why it won't work. Take my suggestion about detox - you replied that you have a problem with authority without even knowing what detox is. To answer your question, medically supervised detox is generally done at a hospital or alcohol/drug treatment center and sometimes other meds are used to help stave off the worst/potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms like Seizures or worse.

We all thought our situation was somehow unique or "worse" than others, or that for some reason our problems were too big to be solved. But in the end, we all have exactly the same problem with alcohol. And the solution is also exactly the same.

Your distain for AA is another example of where you are using as an excuse to not do anything. There are lots of other recovery methods out there, take a look in the secular forums. Also understand that SR itself is a recovery group in a sense - and while ranting is sometimes helpful for a short time, what really works here is engaging in conversation about your goals and learning how others went about it.