View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Haha, SG...yes, thank goodness for coffee, indeed. I certainly needed it on Tuesday after having flown home all night on Monday. Made myself stay up all day with working and a gym class in the evening. Went out for 10 hours that night. That was amazing. It's hard for me to sleep even 6 hours most nights.

Our trip was wonderful. NE's son and his gf were a delight. We hiked, cooked and ate out, saw 4 bands, played cards, stayed in a cabin in the woods one night. The weather was unusually cold for there with snow...lots of it in the mountains. Thankfully it was sunny on the day of our big hike.

Glee and SG...hats off to you both and your ability to manage people in the workforce. I spent 19 years in management and none of that time was while in recovery. I was a crappy manager of people probably. I do manage projects with crews these days, but, I see it as more about finishing the work and not managing them individually. I think the recovery tool that has been most beneficial to me since re-entry into the working world is focusing on humility. Ego is still there, just when I notice it, I consciously try to tone it back.

I have a kinda easy day today with just one meeting planned, Bummer is that it is near Orlando and nearly two hours away. Thankfully it avoids rush hours.

An easy day was my plan. Tomorrow I'll be doing my fourth Savage Race and they are rather grueling on my body. We started with four of us from the YMCA a couple of years ago. I think there are 14 of us for this one. Six guys and eight women. NE hurt her neck and will not be joining us. We do it as a team and the closeness and camaraderie that we've developed while training is just like it felt in my team sports days. Crossing that finish line together is such a sense of shared accomplishment. Trust me...it's a love/hate relationship with the race itself.

How's your recovery going, FBL?

Hope all POST's are doing well and about to enjoy a super-sober weekend!

Best to all...Carlos