Thread: Sad tonight.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Iris...getting an appointment with the therapist IS a start. And, even basic things like taking a shower and putting on makeup can be an accomplishment.
You seem to have little faith in the fact that others, outside of your family can help you.....you say "they, so I assume that it is more than just your mother.
I think that trailmix is trying to point out the obvious---that it is useless to ask people who can't/won't come and stay with you...but, there are others that the social workers CAN get do that.
The therapist can help get a social worker….so can your Gyn, or pediatrician's office. The are familiar with post-partum depression and know how to deal with it. The fact is..you need to tell them the same things that you have told us. Remember that list that I gave you, in another post...? Write that on a piece of paper, so that you can remember all the things to tell them.
If you tell them that you don't feel capable of raising the baby, right now....they will go into action.
The social worker has transportation passes that they can give out, for people that need transportation. There are people who will pick you up for your appointments, etc., with a pass.

I am going to ask you a question...you don't have to answer me...but, I want you to know that it is an option through the social workers....would you like the baby to be in Temporary foster care, for a while...while you get the necessary treatment, and feel better? Just tell your Gyn, or therapist, or a social worker that they find for you....and, that can be a workable option....They can , also, get parenting classes during that time....which will increase your confidence in caring for him, enormously....
There are options, for you....
There is relief from the depression/anxiety....with or without medication!

There are options to help you, Iris.....
You might as well quit asking your family...
That is like going to the hardware store to get a loaf of bred....you would be very disappointed....
By the way...how long is it until the therapist appointment?