Old 03-12-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by ThaBadGuyx View Post
Last time i was here, about 2008 roughly.. I did my first ever sober month with the help of this forum, which for me was an incredible feat. I was a very bad drunk back then, to the point I nearly went to jail. I am getting older and the body doesn't handle it as well. I am a very functional alcoholic, only 1 day off work in 3 years. I am a lot more civilized now but I am drinking too much, and I know it is killing me. I blame my work for my drinking but when I have easy days, I "celebrate" easy days. I'm sure we have all been through it. I know it is ********. I need to get healthy again. I know this page is all about giving up, but I just want to get a foot in the door, get back on the right path. I know there are some of you that have been in my foot steps, I hope you can understand and help me get back on that path to a better me. Thanks in advance xo
Are you binge drinking every day? If you are drinking more than 4-5 drinks a day you will have withdrawal symptoms. What do you mean by a “a foot in the door”. Cutting back on drinking overall? Cutting back on drinking days? Managing to ease up on it before quitting?

I can’t advise on that, because it didn’t work for me. Nothing short of full stop worked. Otherwise,my addiction just stayed in full rage mode, even if I wanted to drink less, I couldn’t.

To keep my job and workout schedule while drinking I kept to certain days off during the week. I’d sweat, shake, and damned near have heart attacks, but I had to stop sometimes or I’d lose my job. Things got worse anyway.

I can’t help you with getting a foot in the door. I can do my best to help you quit, though.