Thread: Doug39 UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug39

Doug39 UPDATE

Hello all - today I am 867 days sober.

My wife, who I drank with alcoholically with for over 20 years, moved out 6 months ago because she didn't like the sober version of me.

I will admit I was cold, distant and resentful because she was still drinking heavily. I understand her point that I didn't have a problem with her drinking until I stopped - it was ok for 20 years why is it wrong now?

I recently found out she is in the bars and with another guy - nothing is more pathetic than a 55 year old drunk woman in a dive bar.

I figure any guy that can stand to be around her will have to be as alcoholically sick as she is - any guy over 55 and single in a bar can't have much going on - and once he gets sex off her he will be gone anyway.

No nice guy is going to deal with her - she is a broken down drunk.

Our 22 year old daughter has disowned her - my wife's 37 year old son sees my wife maybe 3 times a year - and my wife has blocked me from text and email.

I pray she doesn't get hurt - she has a lot of trauma and pain that she stuffs down with alcohol - she refuses to get help because she claims she doesn't have a problem because she works everyday.