View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WindPines

Friday Night, Sober... HOPEFULLY.

Hey all, and happy weekend (almost!)
I've been sober for going on just about two weeks now, and it feels great. The cravings have been eating me alive lately, but I manage to sweat right on through them.

This weekend is different than the one that I managed to stay sober through. I'll have zero responsibility (outside of keeping care of my own self.) I don't have to work.
This evening, I'm meeting up with some friends who I haven't seen in half a month. We used to see each other almost daily. They drink, but definitely not at all like I do/did. They'll probably each have a beer or maybe two with dinner. If we were going to eat two weeks ago, I would've just skipped the food part about dinner completely, and would've been swimming in liquor before their desserts came out. Why did they even keep me around?
Anyhow, one day at a time... I don't want to miss dinner because I miss these girls a whole lot.
What are some of your suggestions to stay sober? I find that once I get to eating, the cravings diminish and I can focus on what I'm doing.
Thanks for any input.