Old 03-07-2019, 03:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
snitch

Oh my goodness. I have just read your story and I am filled with emotion. What you have been through! My oh my you are a fighter and a survivor. I am the alcoholic. My daughter is 6 and a half. I have been in recovery for 10 and a half months now . It could have been my daughter that was writing your post one day if I hadn't got into recovery. Thank you so much for sharing your story because you have helped me today..

I am so so sorry you have had to go through all of this and that your mum is still embroiled in her addiction. When you are in it, like I was, alcohol is your master. It has total control. No human power could stop me drinking and that included my daughter. She is everything to me and yet still I couldn't stop drinking. Thank God I had my moment of clarity. I don't know why I got it when I did or why it takes longer for some to get or even more baffling why some may never get it. I prayer your mum's time will come for her.

In the meantime it sounds as though you are doing all the right things. Putting your boundaries in place to protect yourself (and your mum too so it seems). Your love for her is incredible. You sound like a truly loving and beautiful daughter. I wish you all the happiness in the world as you continue the rest of your journey.

x x x