View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 10:16 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
snitch

Congrats on 11 months Daisy woo hoo. So proud of you ♥️♥️♥️ Aww I saw your post on Fb about all your electricals, so annoying when one goes let alone all at the same time! And along with the expense it can be the hassle of finding a new one, making sure you're not paying over the top, and then hopefully whoever delivers and fits it will do a decent job not like the t@at I had for my washing machine 🤣🤣 but hey, that's life and we are dealing with life sober now so kudos to us! Have you got your car back now? I am officially carless. This is the 1st time in nearly 30 years I haven't had a car! Wow. Feel free but also slightly fearful too. My ex is trying to get it fixed by doing some stuff himself and by possibly taking it to someone his dad knows but I have made it clear that I no longer want it. I feel it was a big tie that I had with him and by letting go of that car it is loosening a hold he has over me which is great as I need to search myself from him as what we have or have had isn't healthy. It's time to really let go now and move forward. He is my daughter's father and that's it. I want to be on friendly terms but I need boundaries and I feel that now is the right time for change.

Erratic good to hear from you. Is that the news you expected to hear ? And do you have any idea when the op may take place yet?

All is good with me . I am really starting to embrace sober life. I do still have thoughts of drinking. My alcoholic head still tries to romanticize the thought of a drink but I can very quickly put that notion go bed and if it persists and starts becoming an obsession I turn tp my HP and/Or another alcoholic! I am no longer powerless over picking yp that first drink. Thank God 🙏🙏 There are quite a few relapse posts on the newcomers forums and whilst I do not wish relapse upon any alcoholic, their stories are strong reminders to me where one drink will take me. The illusion that I can drink safely or moderately was well and truly smashed 10 months ago but as we know alcohol is cunning baffling and powerful and my alcoholism will try to put those smashed pieces back together! I can never let that happen!

Anyway on a lighter note, Seren is with her dad tonight. I have bought some yummy food for dinner and am gonna chill out with a film. Daisy, I love Martina Cole!! In fact, I will go charity shopping tmrw See if I can pick up anymore of her books. I adore reading, I don't do enough of it!

Have a good evening everyone x x