View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Happy belated soberversary Glee! I’m inspired by your story how you dealt with the coworker/supervisor. I have a lot of conflict in my job. I don’t have anyone reporting to me, thank goodness. The stress comes from team projects when others don’t pull their weight, or from clients who just don’t get it and can get pretty mad and aggressive. I feel like I’m always taking the high road, over explaining everything, killing people with kindness, even defusing situations with humor. A lot of the time, this works, but it does stress me out!

FBL, I’m glad you are doing better. That situation would create a lot of anxiety for me. I just can’t imagine. You are handling so well!

SG, sorry about the tires and your wife. I’m glad she’s ok. It’s always frustrating dealing with any unexpected and unbudgeted expense.

Carlos, glad you are feeling better. I’ve been sick with a chest cold/cough going on three weeks. I have my energy back and it’s at the end. But it sure is taking a while to completely go away. My hubby has the same thing. Of course, my son only had it for 3 days.

It should be a low key work week for me. I am taking advantage of the extra time to do some art projects and plan Summer vacations and camps. We might be doing a new IEP for sonny boy next year too, so doing some research on this. Things seems pretty manageable and low stress for me at the time. I have to remind myself that sometimes feeling really good can “trigger” me as much as feeling really bad can. I think I learned this from my younger years in college. Every breakup with a boyfriend, I’d drink my sorrows away. Every success on an exam called for a reward for hard work so we’d drink to celebrate.

I thinkI’ll go to an extra yoga class this week, and do more meditation to keep myself even.

Have a good week!