Old 03-04-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
NewChapterJan18

Hi Class,

Happy Monday! We were out with friends on Saturday night and didn't get home until 3am - and we had been dancing and on our feet since 8pm! It was great fun, but I was absolutely exhausted yesterday as a result and actually felt ill with tiredness! As a result I skipped out on my riding lesson and just took it easy for the day, which turned out pretty well as we ended up getting some surprise snow! Still feeling pretty tired today, but will make sure to get to the gym after work.

NL: I'm glad that the lice infestation was limited and has now been tackled! I'm really sorry to hear about the situation with your son's school - that sounds incredibly stressful, let alone having to try and hide your stress about it from your son and figure things out in the background. I hope it all works out. I had a little LOL at your husband's request re: the sweets. Understandably it wasn't the opportune time to get into it in front of your daughter and her friend, however I wonder if it might be a good way to bring up a conversation around support, and discuss in a non-confrontational way how you feel about his drinking patterns and feeling not wholly supported in your sobriety? The sweets situation may offer the perfect parallel to help him to see through your perspective? Just a thought!

Palmer: I know that out-of-control feeling of despair all too well and it is awful. I'm sorry you feel that way right now, all I can say is not to beat yourself up about 'not doing anything about it'. I think acknowledging that you feel that way is the first step, and it is by definition difficult to find your footing when you feel out of control, even when you know theoretically what you 'should' or 'could' do to try and help the situation, sometimes finding the motivation or the time to actually do so is a lot more difficult in reality. Try to go easy on yourself, as you have rightly pointed out, it sometimes just takes a little time to get right with yourself after a period of flux and chaos. It is definitely important to identify with those feelings though, so as not to let them consume you or spiral, as we all know where that slippery slope can lead.

Hi Dee, Scotty, Sunflower!