Old 03-03-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Numblady

Thanks Dee.

Hi to everybody else. Had a pretty decent day yesterday. Didn’t do anything enriching or active with the kids but we did get our lice treatment and none of us had it except my daughter, which is a very good thing because OMG was it expensive. Took care of buying gift cards and sending cards to a woman whose daughter is getting leukemia treatment for the fourth time. Puts some of my drama in perspective for sure. Or it should anyway. It felt good to get that accomplished. Had to send it UPS because that was the only thing nearby. Also very expensive! Then I walked to a HH that was in my neighborhood. All moms and almost all from the neighborhood which was pretty cool. We just talked about our kids pretty much the entire time tho. That and the possibility of traffic calming and any police activity in the neighborhood like a bunch of old ladies. The host was doing Whole 30 so not drinking and it seemed like not a focus for anyone (ha except maybe me since i was noticiing).

I talked a lot about how my son did not get into the middle school that was our sure thing. We qualify for a transfer according to the district’s criteria but we were all waitlisted, except for one kid in the friend group. I am trying to repeat the refrain that worrying is trying to control and I have to just go through the appeal process and not freak out. But inside I am freaking out. I feel like i failed somehow. I feel like if we don’t get in this school it’s very bad because we also will be tracked to a bad high school. I go in and out of panic. I haven’t told my son. He has also been rejected from one of the three middle schools we applied to. Haven’t told him that either. We expect a rejection from the second and possibly the third. Read a good article recently on the relentlessness of modern parenting and that’s a pretty good description.

Then I got on the scale this morning just for grins because I’ve been so hungry lately which is regularly a sign I’m losing weight. But that is definitely not the case. I felt a lot better about my weight before I measured it

Wow I wasn’t meaning to come on and get so upset about my son’s school — sorry.

Hope you’re all out there having great weekends!