View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 01:46 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Great news FBL!

Had one of those moments yesterday that would have led to early drinking if this happened four years ago. We had an unexpected couple inch snow storm that caught everyone unprepared. Even the Turnpike was untouched by plows and I texted my wife about how horrible the roads were, thinking she would just go into work a little late. She gets this brilliant idea to drive to her office to pick up her laptop at 4:30 am, "before people get out on the roads." She hit a big snow covered pothole and blew out one tire, and severely bubbled the other front tire. She drove for miles on the rim. I got home to change a tire in the snow and spent a few hours at the tire garage waiting for two new tires. I am always changing tires in the snow it seems. Two hundred and fifty dollars later, all is good. I was furious, as the roads were perfectly drivable a couple hours later, as I told her they would be. To say I was angry was an understatement. Thankfully, no one was hurt and I never felt the urge to drink. It's only money and time, right?

Have a good day all!