Old 02-27-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! Thanks for the support, guys. My mom has some appointments lined up, and I feel fairly confident that we will have a plan of attack soon. The day after the incident, I stayed home and basically shut off my brain, resting and eating crap and not responding to emails. If I was still drinking, I would have been consumed with guilt and would have forced myself into go-go-go mode, which would have resulted in a huge crash and burn facedown in alcohol. I consciously told myself that I needed to rest and take care of myself, that the world would not end, and sure enough, it didn't. I'm really trying to continue to change my response to stress, and thank God chocolate and chips are still in the world - not ideal, but no one said I had to be perfect.

I'm reading an interesting autobiography by Mackenzie Phillips, she was addicted to drugs starting at a very young age, and eventually got clean for 15 years only to relapse again, and I think she is clean now. Funny how she describes alcoholics and drug addicts as being separated in rehab, and her comments about alcoholics being lightweights and "softcore" compared to drug addicts. Also, drug addicts were still allowed to drink - what?

NewChapter, I hope you're feeling better, and way to go on the yoga! Numblady, I have big dreams for you and your soul-sucking job. This is going to be the year you find something amazing, fulfilling, lucrative, and most of all - manageable!
Scotty, good to hear from you, friend.

Hi to Dee and anyone else reading!