Old 02-27-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CRRHCC

Originally Posted by woowinnielrrm View Post
Click on my profile and find my Day Zero thread. I read it today and felt like someone else wrote it. I am being humble saying this, because sobriety is so fragile, but I am 8 months and 12 days sober today. I NEVER EVER EVER thought I would get here. After last month of PAWS, copious amounts of sugar, caffeine, and nicotine, and my unwavering faith in God, I did not relapse. I ALWAYS relapsed. On and off for three years. I know to some 8 months is not much. But when I read the people who say they can't do a week, I totally get it. I have learned to take things one day at a time. I used to roll my eyes at that. I thought it was the cheesiest phrase out there, but it's so true. So for the newcomers, or those returning, I am PRAYING for you.
Congratulations! I see by your profile that you are a self proclaimed, "Jesus Freak." Your testimony is living proof that when values trump your addiction, there is no addiction. You are no longer conformed to this world but transformed with new thinking.