Notices

To Those Who Keep Relapsing, It CAN Be Done

Old 02-26-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To Those Who Keep Relapsing, It CAN Be Done

Click on my profile and find my Day Zero thread. I read it today and felt like someone else wrote it. I am being humble saying this, because sobriety is so fragile, but I am 8 months and 12 days sober today. I NEVER EVER EVER thought I would get here. After last month of PAWS, copious amounts of sugar, caffeine, and nicotine, and my unwavering faith in God, I did not relapse. I ALWAYS relapsed. On and off for three years. I know to some 8 months is not much. But when I read the people who say they can't do a week, I totally get it. I have learned to take things one day at a time. I used to roll my eyes at that. I thought it was the cheesiest phrase out there, but it's so true. So for the newcomers, or those returning, I am PRAYING for you.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beautiful, beautiful post, my friend.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Many congratulations on your sober time and thank you for your post 😃
Old 02-26-2019, 11:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your sober time woowinnielrrm

D
Old 02-26-2019, 11:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congratulations, and thank you. I’ve done four days after several relapses, and each time I hope to succeed but fail. I’m really hoping this is it, so it’s great to have some hope from someone who’s been there and done it.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by woowinnielrrm View Post
Click on my profile and find my Day Zero thread. I read it today and felt like someone else wrote it. I am being humble saying this, because sobriety is so fragile, but I am 8 months and 12 days sober today. I NEVER EVER EVER thought I would get here. After last month of PAWS, copious amounts of sugar, caffeine, and nicotine, and my unwavering faith in God, I did not relapse. I ALWAYS relapsed. On and off for three years. I know to some 8 months is not much. But when I read the people who say they can't do a week, I totally get it. I have learned to take things one day at a time. I used to roll my eyes at that. I thought it was the cheesiest phrase out there, but it's so true. So for the newcomers, or those returning, I am PRAYING for you.
Congratulations! I see by your profile that you are a self proclaimed, "Jesus Freak." Your testimony is living proof that when values trump your addiction, there is no addiction. You are no longer conformed to this world but transformed with new thinking.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you for an encouraging post, woowinnie. Over 8 months - that is fabulous.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done...how did you do it
Old 02-27-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job, woo.

I, too, try to talk to God all day long, as my sponsor has instructed me to do now ever since I hired him.

Keep up the great work.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I relapsed over and over til I was finally sick of myself and got sober for good.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's great- humility is even better, because we have to keep going. It keeps getting better, clearer, more spiritually rewarding, more temporally rewarding - it's life, for real. Best to you!
Old 02-27-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

THANKS GUYS! MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!
Old 02-27-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

WHEW! Thank god!

Never thought it could really happen to those of us who continually run into obstacles in life and keep relapsing....glad to hear it can work!!
Old 02-27-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ssm1972 View Post
Well done...how did you do it
Honestly I just KEPT GOING. There was no other way. I never kept myself so busy with other things in my life. The withdrawels, the extreme fatigue, I refused to let it win this time around. I just stayed close to God, dug my heels in, and refuse to go backwards.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 months. God is truly great. Keep up the good work if it gets tough let your higher power fight your battle for you.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by woowinnielrrm View Post
Honestly I just KEPT GOING. There was no other way. I never kept myself so busy with other things in my life. The withdrawels, the extreme fatigue, I refused to let it win this time around. I just stayed close to God, dug my heels in, and refuse to go backwards.
Refusing to go backwards is key, no matter how tough a day seems drinking will only make it worse. Nice job!!! You're going to have a year before you know it.❤️
Old 02-28-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I flicked the switch really - the same stubborness that kept me drinking way beyond reason, I turned to surrrendering...I gave up on being a drinker....

in doing so, I gained a heck ton of other things

D