Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Finalround

The AV is evil, strong and irrational. The best way to combat it is to fill your time with things that it hates. Like things that are good for YOU.

Being a grown up and a parent can get very redundant and boring. We forget about the things that used to get us up in the morning. The goals we would set for ourselves, the dreams we would have. It's not too late to dream.

Get back to doing the things that you want to do. Set some goals for yourself. Short term for now. But start to dream again. Exercise of any kind is a huge help to the AV. Commit to just go for a walk outside today. Then maybe set some fitness/health goals. You mentioned the excess weight which I am very familiar with. Eating healthy will make you feel stronger and give you more energy.

There is tons of incredible insight on these forums and I am by far not the wisest, but your story is the same as mine. I too carry all the parenting and household responsibilities.

This will be a difficult journey. The beginning is hard to gain traction. But stick with us here, follow the advise, do the work. The rewards will come.

I recently had 4 super months of sobriety then recently relapsed for a week. It sucks, the idea of moderating never works for us. But, I got back to my group here and am back at it.

A happy, healthy, full life can be yours again. I'll walk with you. As will many others here. You can do this. I promise.