Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 07:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
fini

hey GettingReady,
i was a mom of two young kids when drinking, and just like you i had managed not to while pregnant, though already had control-issues with it before i got pregnant.
later, i was a mom with not-so-young kids when drinking, though i kept trying to control it, not by limiting the amount per evening, which i couldn’t nor wanted to, but by limiting the number of “occasions” per week.
yep, weekends only sounded like a great plan and surely wuth a bit of willpower i could...
well, by the time i understood and knew and accepted i could NOT, not with any certainty, i was a mom of two rather grown-up kids.
you say you know you are an alcoholic....and i don't know how you define that. for me, it means i cannot predictably control or limit my drinking, eith the amount ir the number of times a week. believe me, i tried.
when i understood i needed and wanted to be done for good, my kids were 28 and 30.
maybe your story will be different.
in any case, SR is not the place to look for support to reduce your drinking to weekends only, which is what you say you want.
it is definitely a good experiment for you to embark upon, and after a few weeks or months of it you will likely have a much better idea where you’re at in your relationship with drinking.