View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Evoo

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
I'm day 6. My job is stressing the hell out of me. My boss is on my ass in no small part because I've been such an alcoholic **** up. Yesterday I read an email from her and started having a full on panic attack.
Sobriety can force you to examine a lot of things in your life you used to escape from. For me, that early in my recovery from daily drinking, long stretches at home were a trigger. I fully immersed myself into my work and fitness and that helped a lot. I stayed away from my apartment as much as possible, because that was where I used to throw away weekends with a bottle to the head.

Don’t let the anxiety push you down — don’t let your AV convince you that you can’t look these challenges in the face and take them head on. You can.

Depending on the relationship you have with your boss — maybe next time you see her have a 1:1 and tell her you are fully committed to work and that you’re ready to step up and be one of the best damn employees in the entire place.

Anyways, that’s my advice. If you do think you need time off for health reasons or rehab, definitely consider that, too — if it’s what you need to stay sober. And talk to a doctor about where you are in recovery if yo haven’t yet!

Keep on!