View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

To answer the question, "Am I a sugar addict," I used this: http://www.anorton.com/userfiles/688...-5%20PDF-5.pdf

I gave a definite yes to criteria 1, 2, and 4. The others probably not. So, according to this measure my substance use would be considered "mild."

I can agree with that. Part of it is just being hard on myself. I feel like I should have a better handle on it. The truth is most people I know eat more sugar than I do, but I guess I hold myself to a higher standard. Just looking at my grocery cart compared to others in line tells a lot. My employer keeps a basket of snacks in the break room for us, and one step for me has been no more never none of that stuff. I limit fruit intake, like I've taken to eating half instead of a whole banana, and only two servings a day. The other is usually a small apple or some berries. It could be true that moderate fruit intake sets me up for eventual dives into baked goods and such, but I don't know.

So far so good the past few days. I think if I just stay away from packaged foods, baked goods, and simple carbs/refined foods I'm eating well.